Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rough Draft

So, Remember how I have a new nephew coming in August?  Well, Laura's shower is next Sunday and Aunt Kimberly is definitly showering her with some gifts.  I saw this post from my friend Ashley a while back and knew that I had to make something like for Benjamin.  I would keep it a complete surprise, but I don't think Laura reads my blog much because they don't have internet at their house.  However, if she did see it I would still be ok with it since I hope to have it finished in a week. 

I actually saw this on a friends facebook from the baby she just had in April.  So, I drew a quick sketch and took a picture so that I could remember how it looked once I get the canvas and paint colors and also to see if I could even draw it! 

The original

My sketch


I think I can do it.  Yes, we already know when he is going to be born because Laura has to have a C-Section.  I've already asked off work and have my seat saved in the waiting room (ok jk about the waiting room)!  I want him to grow inside his mommy's tummy so he will be a beautiful healthy baby, but I"M SOOOOOO READY TO HOLD HIM AND SQUEEZE HIM AND KISS HIM!!!!  Aunt Kimberly loves you Benjamin!!!

Happy spoiling,
Kimberly

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!! This is going to be super cute!!

nat said...

That's adorable - when I have a baby like 100 years from now will you make one for me?

Ashley said...

LOVE THIS!