Tuesday, May 31, 2011

The almost finished product

Since I saw this picture last week I have been really excited to get home so I can make one.  I was a little nervous about it being really expensive because I had seen really pricey canvases before.  However, Hobby Lobby saves the day, once again.  You can get 2 canvases for $7.99!!!!  Anyway, so I went there yesterday and got all of the supplies and once I got home there was no stopping the creative magic that was happening.  Everytime Gary walked by I would ask him what he thought.  His answer, of course, was always the same, "Looks good!"  I had so much fun making it!  I was really sad when I was finished and had to put the paint away.  However, I think this might be my new favorite thing to make for baby showers (so friends get ready!!).

I was going to go ahead and put the date of the scheduled C-section, but it would have been my luck that he isn't born on that day, so I'll fill it in later.  Also, Melvin and Laura haven't decided on a middle name, so that too will be filled in later along with his weight.  I might add inches on the cloth as well and I think after the date I'm going to add the time.  I already have it wrapped up for her shower on Sunday, but I will have a black sharpie with me when he is born to fill in the empty spots.  I really think it turned out great.  I already had a lot of the supplies, so I think it ended up being about $15.  Oh and I have another canvas and all of the paints, so really it was that much for more than one!!! 

I have all of her presents already wrapped and in the living room waiting for Sunday and I might just go check her registry again and grab a couple more things :).  This is already starting to get out of control!!

Happy Painting,
Kimberly


3 comments:

Kristen said...

So cute! I love this idea. =)

Anonymous said...

This is so stinkin' cute!! You did such a great job!!!!

nat said...

Love it - very cute! You did a great job!