Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Donating

In case you haven't seen me in a while, I have not gotten a 'real' haircut in a while!!!  I think the last time I chopped it off was the summer between my junior/senior year in college, which was 5 years ago??!!!??  I have been living off trims and no haircuts for that long.  So, need less to say, the mop was getting a little out of control and even when I went to Makin' Music at Freed in April a few people did call me rapunzel.  As much as I loved tangled I never intended my hair to be long enough to climb a tower with.  I have always wanted to donate my hair, but I never let it grow long enough or it wasn't healthy enough.  I have extremely dry hair so straightening and constant ponytailing breaks off the ends worse than someone with oily hair (at least that's what I tell myself).  However, since the tips were almost to the top of my tail bone, I figured I would have enough healthy parts to get away with giving it away.  So, Saturday morning I slept in, cleaned up around the house, took a shower, and for the last time straightened and curled the wild mess of heep that graced my head.  I wanted to get the before and after pictures at the salon and I didn't want the before ones to look horrible, so that's why I fixed it.

these pictures were taken via camera phone because the digital camera I took with me decided not to work. 

Of course most of the curl had fallen out with the less than 10 minutes that I spent in the humidity, but oh well.

I knew I wanted to go about chin length.  I had taken a picture into Chloe, but I knew with my hair being thicker it wouldn't turn out exactly the same and plus the picture was a girl with blonde hair :).  I used to color my hair a lot when I was in college and lived with Deanna, the aspiring hairstylist that came to Freed for Makin' Music :), but not much since then and never did I go blonde.  Just a few highlights here and there and maybe a red all over color, nothing too crazy.  Chloe and I agreed that going blonde was out of the question, but highlights were definitly a must!


Me with the 10.5 inches (roughly) I was able to donate.

I'll be honest, everytime I get my hair cut I think it's the end of the world.  I started freaking out on my way home and even texted Chloe that I needed it shorter, however, once I started playing around with it I really liked it.  I still want to go shorter next time, but I think I need to get used to fixing this style first. 


This is with the ends a little more straight.  I also wore it curly today, but I'm not sure it's my favorite.  I know people with curly hair always want straight and vice versa, but I truly believe that straight hair is prettier (at least on me).  This statement, however, does not mean I won't ever wear it curly because, after all, I'm a tomboy at heart and the easier the better :).

I hope you enjoyed the before and after pics and if you want to donate your hair you can find Chloe's facebook page here!!  If you aren't on facebook but would like to contact her just let me know and I'll hook you up!!  Or if you just need a good hairstylest in the Rutherford County, TN area (she doesn't only do hair donation :) ).

Happy donating,
Kimberly

5 comments:

Candy said...

And I love the new 'do' :) Looks great on you!

Kristen said...

Good for you! And I like the new haircut - color and style. Cute!

nat said...

Very cute harido! Love it! Can't believe your hair had gotten so long. Mine starts looking like poo once it gets below my shoulders and I always cut it.

Tiffany said...

I LOVE the new do!!! I got mine cut similar Monday!!!

Juliane McCorkle said...

Cute! I love everything about it!