Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We Love Giving

As you might remember, we have Cell Group on Thursday nights and sometimes some really fun things happen.  Well, this past Thursday was our last Cell Group before exams start for the college kids, so we decided that we were going to play games and just have fun.  I had forgotten to bring the camera to work, so I called and asked Gary to grab it.  Well, I didn't specify which camera and he must think that the digital camera is only his, so he not only grabbed that, but also my little flip that I won in the contest at work.  He went to visit Jun Ai, our dental school friend, earlier that day to get his teeth cleaned and checked and then they were going to come to Cell Group together.  They decided they would stop by a bookstore because they had time and Jun Ai and her friend needed some stuff for school.  Well, Jun Ai's car doesn't lock on one of the doors and somebody got in and took Gary's wallet and my little camera.  He didn't have any cash in his wallet, but he did have his credit cards, debit cards, and such.  He was most upset about his hunting certificate and fishing license.  The girls didn't have anything in the car thank goodness.  It took a while, but he was able to get in touch with of the banks and get his cards cancelled.  Just so you know, Sun Trust was the WORST about letting him report the card stolen.  That is who they bank with for the SFT funds and they were asking him his account number and everything...HELLO he doesn't have that info on him standing in the middle of the parking lot without his wallet.  Anyway, he finally got it all worked out and they came on to Cell Group.  If the guy person would have told us he really needed a video camera we would have given it to him.  But NO he had to go and steal it and two days before Christmas!  Well, all I have to say is I hope they had a Merry Christmas!!

I wish we would have gotten some pictures of Cell Group because we did have lots of fun playing the blanket game, the cup game, and big fish small fish (fun game by the way), but once Gary got there with the camera we had left, that was far from our mind of things to do.  We are just thankful that everyone is ok and not much harm was done.  Do you think that if I told my company my camera got stolen in the country they sent me to that they will send me another one?  Just a thought!

Happy giving,

2 comments:

Juliane McCorkle said...

That stinks! I'm sorry that happened to ya'll! But, yes...glad no one was hurt! You'll have to teach us some of those games when we get there! :)

He Sings Over Me! said...

OMG, I can't believe that happened. I am glad Gary was able to cancel everything! I hope you guys had a really good time in India for Christmas!

Oh and I think it wouldn't hurt to ask or expense it! Ahahah!