Saturday, December 25, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside - Malaysian style

I really love the song "Baby It's Cold Outside" and the version I like the best is from the ELF soundtrack.  However, it is a little bit of a risque song.  So, I changed the words around not only to fit Malaysian style, but also not to be so romantic because I was planning on singing it with a co-worker.  We haven't practiced hardly at all and we are supposed to sing it this afternoon at our Christmas party/gift exchange so I highly doubt it will happen.  But, I love it and I'm pretty proud of it...

Hey But It's Hot Outside

I really can't stay - Hey but it's hot outside
I've got to go away - Hey but it's hot outside
This party has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - Look at your hands, you need some ice?
My husband will start to worry - Come on now, what's your hurry?
I know he will be pacing the floor - Listen to that air con roar
So really I'd better scurry - Come on now, please don't hurry
Well maybe just a half a drink more - Put some music on while I pour

Hey, what do you think? - Hey but, it's jammed out there
I said, what do you think? - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Lets get some more chow
To stop this sweat - Look at your hair it is all wet
I ought to go buy a big fan - That sounds like a good plan
At least then I might not get fried - What's the sense in sweatin' outside?
I really can't stay - Hey but don't go out
Ahh, but it's hot outside

I really must go - Hey but, it's hot outside
I already know - Hey but, it's hot outside
This party has been - We're lucky that you dropped in
So cool and neat - Look out the window at that heat
I think I might be ambitious - All the food was delicious
I'm gonna make my way to the door - It's as hot as a tropical shore
I know the heat outside is vicious - Man, that food was delicious
Well maybe just another bit more - Never such a heat wave before

I've got to go home - Oh, but, you'll burn out there
Say, lend me your phone - It's hot as a flare out there
It's really been grand - I can see the sweat form on your hand
But I digress - How can you do this thing to us?
It's bound to be hot tomorrow - Think of our life long sorrow
So now I need to call a ride - If you had a heat stroke and died
I really can't stay - Get over that hold out
Ahh, but it's hot outside

Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

Juliane McCorkle said...

Haha! I love it! I would love to hear you sing it! Excited to see you guys!

Becky W said...

Once a Makin Music director - always a Makin Music director! Ben would be so proud!

nat said...

Hope you had a safe flight to India and a Merry Christmas.

Anonymous said...

so good! I hope you recorded it so we can watch the video!

Terry said...

Cute and clever re-wording!!!!