Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A first of many

On Sunday afternoon Gary asked me if I wanted to go see one of his buddy’s play softball on Tuesday night if we didn’t have anything else going on.  I replied, “Did you really just ask me that question?  Did you forget who you were talking to?  If we have something going on, let’s cancel it.”  I was SOOOO excited about watching some ball.  I could go to the ball park on any given night and watch teams play that I don’t even know and still get into it and cheer!  I LOVE IT!!

I could not stop thinking about it all day yesterday.  I told everyone that I talked to that Wren was going to her first softball game.  I'm a little sad that first game she saw wasn't me playing, but I'm not sure when I'll be playing again (hopefully sooner than later) and I really wanted to go, so I got over it.

And I knew exactly what she was going to wear!

My great aunt and uncle in Missouri sent her a Cardinals outfit before she was born and we knew what she was, so, of course, we had to girl it up a bit with a cute jacket and bow!

Sweet mommy/Wren moments.  Gary took several pics and I'm so glad he captured her giving me a kiss.  I LOVE IT!!

It was a little chilly so we did have bundle her up some.

It started sprinkling so we got to hand out in the dug-out with the team.  They loved it!

It was a very intense game!!

I hope that Wren loves the ball park as much I did as a kid and still do today.  Thank you, husband, for giving us this awesome first experience!!

PLAY BALL!!!

No comments: