Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm completely obsessed!!!

I can't remember how I found this blog the other day, but ever since I have been completely obsessed with crafty blogs.  The cool thing about these blogs, that I have noticed, is that they try to save money while still making things cute around their house.  The Happy Scraps was my first one to find and from her site I have found ones like Oops! I Craft My Pants, I just LOVE that name by the way, and some others that have, I think, become a business like Thrifty Decor Chick.  I know it can be done, making this whole blogging thing into a business, but I haven't really 1. researched it enough and 2. I don't really have the time right now to make this my business.  I already have a full time job and business on the side (Kimberly Washer Videography) that I am trying to focus on, but I do love that I can benefit from other people's blogs...and the best part...IT'S FREE!!!  So, I know there are some of you out there...hmmm hmmm...Becky Welch...that will love these blogs and get some great ideas for your Etsy Shop (etsy shop - a place to buy homemade or vintage items...for those of you who might not know).

I'm excited to get home and start crafting!!

Make something for someone or yourself today,


P.S. On Facebook the other day...I know I know Natasha you don't do facebook and you are the reason I'm doing this :)...Becky (man you're getting a lot of shout out's on this post) posted this as her status
Pay it forward 2011! I promise to send (or deliver) something handmade to the first five people who leave a comment. YOU however must in turn post this and send something you made to the first five people who comment on your status. The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent to your five people some time in 2011---this will be interesting!
The five six people have spoken on facebook and as soon as I get home I'm crafted it up, but I also wanted to throw this out there to the blog world.  Now for those of you who read this and don't comment this will be the perfect time for you to show your face write a comment so you can get something super cool from me!  Remember I have been checking out these amazing crafty blogs lately so you never know what I'll come up with!!!  Join the fun!!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I just spent a long time on Thrifty Decor Chick's blog. =) Thanks for the recommendations!

Anonymous said...

I would love a crafty item...lets make some together when you get started...when you are back home in less than a month!! : )

nat said...

Sounds interesting. Although I don't feel like committing. LOL!

Kimberly Washer said...

Secretly...I'm not gonna judge anybody if they don't pay it forward. I just want to be crafty and make some cool stuff for peeps :)

Juliane McCorkle said...

Cute! I love it!

He Sings Over Me! said...

I love crafts! It will be so nice to start making some nice things for the house!