Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just a few things I have learned about Malaysia

1. McDonald’s delivers!!

2. There is no high fructose corn syrup in the cokes

3. We have a thief in our office (we are pretty sure it’s the cleaning man. What cleaning person cleans an office while people are here? A stealing one!)

4. They have sea cucumbers that have spiky things on them and one of the guys from the Dublin office stepped on one last weekend at their island vacation. A witch doctor from the jungle just happened to be around and happen to have a safety pin and got the spikes out. I wasn’t there for all of this (but on a plane) so I just have second-hand information. But they have been making fun of Peter saying he was attacked by a vegetable!! HAHA

5. They have toilet paper for paper towels.

6. The motor bike drivers wear their jackets backwards. It’s actually pretty genius because their jackets don't poof out from the wind.

7. Monkeys are common (video to come) and at the zoo here they have squirrels and North American white tail deer as exotic animals. I haven’t been to the zoo yet, but I plan to go!
I’m sure I will learn many more things about Malaysia, but this is a good starting out list!

No comments: