Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Final Leg

The last two weeks have been so surreal. 

My dad texted me this morning and asked "getting excited?"  All I could say was "I'm not sure what I'm feeling."  And that is the truth.  We have been so busy saying our goodbyes that I have forgotten to think about the adventure we are about to embark on.  Malaysia...for 6 months?  Am I sure about this?  I am sure that this is going to be a once in a lifetime experience and I would never think about giving that up, but the part I'm most scared about is traveling and being by myself for a couple of weeks until Gary can raise the rest of his money. 

I have 2 more nights at home with him and I am taking it all in.  I take for granted the little things that he does for me or says to me and while I am miles and miles away from him I won't have him to touch or hug, but just his words.  We have done the long distance stuff before and now that we are married I hope it makes it easier! 

Please pray for us that we will be together again soon (after Friday of course).

No comments: