Thursday, March 1, 2012

We are starting to miss it!

Last night Gary and I drove to Nashville to attend the Pleasant Hill church of Christ. We have never been to this church, so getting there was quite the adventure. Gary made it home a little after 6:30 and according to google maps it would take us 37 minutes to get to the building. I drove so that Gary could eat his dinner.


Once he got done eating he was my map. If you have an iphone you know that the map on there can be quite confusing and plus it doesn't talk to you. I warned him several times to let me know quickly if I needed to turn and what the road was. Needless to say, I miss my tom tom working (the charger is broken and I need to get a new one). So, Gary being in charge of the map means that I missed 2 turns and had to turn around. We finally made it right as the speaker we went to hear was starting. As soon as we walked in the doors he smiled and introduced us.

He began by describing where he lives, "The city is beautiful! It has a population of about 3 million including the surrounding areas.” He showed some pictures of the city during the day and how the city lights glow at night. There were pictures of roads, traffic and even food! Then he went on to describe the different races that live there. Have you figured out where he lives yet? Lau Kin Fatt (we Americans call him Kin) is from MALAYSIA and was giving his mission report to the Pleasant Hill congregation last night! Chrissy, his wife, emailed me about a month ago and said that she and Kin would be in Nashville this week and wanted to know if we would have time to meet up with them. Kin and Chrissy were the VERY FIRST Christians I met and talked to when I got to Malaysia. Can you believe we have now been back in America for over a year? Kin is the full time minister at the Puchong church of Christ in Puchong, Malaysia. It is a suburb of Kuala Lumpur. Sadly, Gary and I were never able to visit their congregation due to being so involved with the Wangsa Maju church, but we did meet several of their members at different events. It was a blessing that we were able to visit with Kin and Chrissy last night and definitely lit a fire under both of us! At one point during his presentation I leaned over to Gary and said, “Does this make you miss it?” He nodded his head ‘yes.’ Just that little bit of talking about it and seeing just a few pictures made me yearn to go back.

Thankfully, Gary and I have been planning a trip back to that side of the world. It will be a shorter trip than last time, but we are so excited and anxious! We plan on flying into New Zealand, then stopping off in Malaysia for Gary to do some classes at Seremban and PJ. Finally, finishing the trip with a visit to India! The details are still being worked out, but please keep us and this mission trip in your prayers. We still have a lot of money to raise, but we know that God will provide if this trip is in His plans.


2 comments:

nat said...

Sounds exciting! I will keep you in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Praying that you all continue to be used by God!
-tab