Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Missing things from home...

This morning when I got to work I opened my gmail account and in my inbox was the bulletin from our congregation back home. I took things like that for granted while I was there. I know I have not even been gone a week, but a week without seeing any Christians is harder than I anticipated. I actually don't know that I have ever gone a week in my life without seeing or talking face-to-face to any Christians. I have been in contact with a lady, Chrissy, who knows a lady that goes to church with my parents. Gary and I emailed her back and forth before I came and she just emailed me last night to make sure I made it ok. She offered to come and visit me at my hotel tonight and of course I said COME ON!!! I am anxious to meet her and get to know her. They have a Bible study at their home on Friday night so maybe I will be able to go to that as well. I wanted to leave you with this from our bulletin…




Seven Verses for Your Marriage
Joshua L. Pappas

In 1Peter 3:1-7, the apostle offers some of the most
important instruction for married people in the whole Bible.
He instructs wives to respect and obey husbands, and to cultivate
the type of inner value that makes a woman what she
ought to be--what is precious in the sight of God. He instructs
men to realize the spiritual equality of their wives and to treat
them right, or else! We ought to cherish these seven inspired
verses and live up to them as husbands and wives.

Experts say there are three periods in a marriage
that are the times when divorce is most likely: (1) when the
first child is born, (2) when there are teenage children at
home, and (3) in the early days of the "empty nest" period.
During these times extra precaution must be taken to ensure
the love continues strongly. When the stress is highest, the
need to show tenderness, patience, and desire for one's
spouse must also be highest. It won't happen by accident.
You have to make a plan. Read 1Peter 3:1-7 today and make
a plan to live out the instructions that apply to you!

1 Peter 3:1-7:

1Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, 2when they see the purity and reverence of your lives. 3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. They were submissive to their own husbands, 6like Sarah, who obeyed Abraham and called him her master. You are her daughters if you do what is right and do not give way to fear.

7Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.


2 comments:

Terry said...

Hey girl, we love and miss you!

Juliane McCorkle said...

I feel ya, I know all about missing things from home. We have a common bond now-a-days. :) Hang in there!