Monday, March 5, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend was definitely a busy one.  It all started with a couple of scares on Friday.  A tornado went through Hazel Green, where my parents live and we weren't able to get a hold of my mom for at least an hour and my dad couldn't make it home from work because all of the roads were blocked.  We finally got a hold of her and she and Pepper were doing fine.  I'm not sure of all the damage in Hazel Green, but Shelley said that the road behind mom and dad's got hit pretty good.  We are thankful that we didn't have to expereince this again, but heart broken for those families that did. 

Gary and I stayed safe at the church building by setting up for the SFT Pancake Breakfast.  The breakfast was a hit!!!!  As of yesterday, because there were several people who gave at church that weren't able to attend the breakfast, we not only reached our goal, but we went over!!!!  That is such a blessing from God!  Gary and I both were a bit nervous going into Saturday morning as to how the turn-out would be.  I'm not exactly sure how many people actually came, but those who came and gave, gave very generously!  We want to thank you all and especially our volunteers.  I just have to praise our friends and family for coming out at 6am, yes that's right 6am on a Saturday to help us make this successful!  You have no idea how much it meant to us and we are eternally grateful!  Actually some even showed up by 5am!!  We are using these funds for the trip we are planning to take in July!

After the breakfast and everyone had a chance to go home and rest, a few girls and I went to do a painting class.  This was the first time we went to this particular class.  We normally go to one in Murfreesboro and actually Rachel and I decided that we like our normal one better!  I do like my painting and it will look wonderful in my guest bedroom!


My white dots are way brighter than anyone elses...HA!  Sorry the picture is kind of dark too, I dont have a flash on my phone :(.

Yesterday, I got the blessing to keep this little girl again.  She is so stinkin' cute and we had lots of fun!!





No comments: