Monday, April 18, 2011

Family Memories

My friend, Ashley, has some family on her husband's side that lost their house to a fire about a month ago.  I just wanted to share this with you all and hopefully the family won't some how link up to my blog and see the sweet heart that Ashley has.  Well, I know they know how sweet she is, but you know I mean.  I know she wants to keep this a surprise.  I just wanted my readers to be able to read it and keep this family in your prayers.  I have never met them, but I know Ashley and Adam and that's enough for me to know that this family is amazing!  I have no idea if they need anything, but let me know if you want to donate anything to them and I'll make sure it gets there.  I would try and explain them to you, but Ashley put it best in her facebook message:

 Hey friends!



As most of you might know Adam's Aunt's house burned down a month or so ago.  It burned completely to the ground. What started out as a little fire in the basement (and at that point she thought they could put it out their-self) took all their possessions in a matter of an hour. Chad and Amanda have 3 kids....Annsley (14 years old), Ann Marie (10 years old), and Charlie (7 years old).


Luckily the kids were at school and did not see it happening. The Wilson's live on land with my in-laws, Adam's grandparents, and his other aunt's family. My mother-in-law saw it and said it was so devastating at how fast it took everything. If you walked into her house prior to the fire you would see each room with colorful walls (like my mother-in-laws) and the kids paintings and art work everywhere. She was able to grab a picture album and a DisneyWorld photo. Everything is gone. Most houses you see, still have walls up up or you can still see some part of the house. Their house is completely gone. It's like the basement was a huge bonefire. Extremely hard to see still. Luckily, nobody was hurt! Charlie (who was my ring bearer and most of you know he is developmental delayed) said some great things...."At least it didn't burn down the shop that me and grandaddy work in (his favorite place!)." He also said the next day, "Hey, grandaddy let's go to Lowe's and get some fans, windows, and doors so we can start building my house." Bless him.

The church families have been so generous. We saw Jesus in every move. The WIlson family is now living in a home (Chad's grandmas, who is now in the nursing home) until they decide to build. They are all doing better. The mom, Amanda, has good and bad days. Her main issue is losing every memory, art work, Christmas ornaments, baby clothes, special pieces, etc....which would be any mommy's nightmare.

I was thinking about making them a quilt (ok, I'm not making obviously....haha) with their pictures on it. I have found one through Wal-mart that is a little over $100. I also wanted to create some picture albums, framed pictures, special things like that. I found some great ideas on snapfish. I will make as many things as I can come up with. If you have any great ideas, please share :)


I was wondering if you would be willing to donate to this cause. It could be as small as $5 but every bit will help. I will use all of it to make "memory stuff." They have had a lot of money donated so I wanted to do something sentimental.


Here is my address:
Let me know if you want to donate
I have her address.


If you would like to right a small note I will give it to her with the present.


By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beatuiful treasures. Proverbs 24:3-4

Love you all!
Ashley


I attached a picture of their house before the fire. My sis-in-law just happen to take this picture the weekend before.


Love,
Kimberly

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow. The house was beautiful. What a sweet photo to remember it by. Hope God pours out blessing for them during this sad time.