Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Randomness

The birthday festivties continued this past weekend when we went to my parent's house and they took us out to dinner.  The birthday girl (or boy) always gets to choose where we eat.  I chose Cheddars!!  I love that place!!  We did my cake and presents at the restaurant because Shelley and Jared weren't coming back to mom and dad's to spend the night.  I got a new iphone cover (for my new iphone my manager gave me...crazy right?), some money and a best buy gift card.  The food was great and then we all enjoyed some cookie cake afterwards!  We even gave the server some, who told us he got a little bite because he was bombarded when he got back to the kitchen with it :).

So, the rest of this post is super random...

This is the frame wreath I made my friend Rachel.  I didn't get to celebrate her birthday because December was super crazy, so I took it to Gatlinburg with us and gave it to her there.  She loved it!!!

On Wednesday night I stayed up to make this canvas for my manager and his wife, who were having a baby on Thursday.
I love her name!!

Isn't she beautiful!!!

Monday night Gary and I needed to run a few errands. We have been needing to buy a new dishwasher since we got home from Malaysia, so Monday night we 'started' shopping. Our first stop was HH Gregg. We got out of the car and Gary said, "I don't want to buy anything, I just want to look." So, we started looking and one of the sales guys came up to us, asked us what we were looking for and what our budget was. He showed us 3 dishwashers within our budget. The Whirlpool was definitely the best out of the 3 and it was $30 below budget. He said he sold one earlier that day and checked all of the competitors prices so he knows they had the cheapest one, well the smart amazing man that I married said, "Let's just go ahead and check them again." What do you know...Lowe's had it on sale for $22 dollars cheaper than HH Gregg and that means that HH Gregg will match it and take 10% off of that...we walked in not planning to buy and walked out as the owners of a new dish washer!!! We haven't picked it up yet, but I'm SUPER excited to get it home and get it to work!!!

We also went to the grocery store that night.  We always shop at Kroger and I can honestly say that Gary is the better grocery shopper out of the two of us because he is really good about going in order through the store and not having to go back to find something he forgot.  I always have to go around the store at least twice before I'm done, but this particular night we were both all over the place and that is because they decided to move everything...
This aisle was the worst by far, but these signs were everywhere.  What normally went in that spot wasn't there, but a sign to tell you where to go.

Any ideas on why grocery stores decide to confuse and frustrate all of their customers by rearranging everything??  I sure hope they keep those signs up even after everything is moved so I'll still know where to go :).

I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!!

Kimberly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE my frame wreath and it is hanging up in the living room!! Maybe one day I can put it in a baby room, one day Lord willing. So excited you got a dishwasher!! You and Gary will not know what to do with yourselves!! : )

nat said...

Glad you had a nice dinner with you family. That;\'s always nice on a birthday.