Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Marriage Retreat at Fall Creek Falls

A couple of weekends ago we loaded up the car, drove to Fall Creek Falls and enjoyed a GORGEOUS weekend!!! The past few years our church has offered a marriage retreat that another local congregation has been doing and this is the first year Gary and I were able to go. Let me just say that I hardly had a dry eye the entire weekend. Not because mine and Gary's relationship has been struggling, but just thinking about how much I love him and what he means to me. The lessons were focused on 'remembering your first love.' Danny Camp did a wonderful job delivering the lessons!!!

One of my favorite parts were the 'knee-to-knees,' which is when you sit with your spouse and pray together. I loved sitting there in a room full of other couples and completely focused on us. He would whisper his prayers and I love to hear Gary pray anyway, but this seemed so much more intimate between the two of us and with God. I'm sure if anyone peaked in our conference room when we were in our knee-to-knees we looked extremely silly, but I bet to God it was beautiful!!

We had some free time on Saturday and if you have ever been to Fall Creek Falls you know that the only thing to do is go to the falls...so that's what we did!! 


Pictures compliments of Rachel's camera



Don and Lori Winningham.  This is one of our elders and his wife.  We ran into them on the trail and snapped a shot of them at the falls.
Lee and Rachel weren't able to go down with us (see the crutches), but we got this cute shot at the top!

We were driving around and came upon this prime spot!!
This is my favorite picture!!  Thanks Rachel!!

We both talked about this retreat everyday afterwards and we CANNOT wait until next year!!

Love,
Kimberly





No comments: