Wednesday, May 11, 2016

To my precious girl on her 3rd birthday!

Dear Wren,
Wow! Can you believe you are 3 today?! I sure can't!
It feels like yesterday that I was celebrating my first Mother's Day in the hospital.
You were so tiny, weighing 5 pounds and 13 ounces.
You are still my tiny girl (weighing in at 27 lbs and 2 1/2 feet tall, as of today), but man do you have a BIG personality!!
I love how you dance around the living room and no matter what you're wearing a tutu is put on over your outfit to give you full twirling capabilities. "Reach for the stars and twirl like the ocean..." a silly song I made up while we do our 'Dancing With The Stars' dance moves.
I love being THAT MOM at gymnastics. You know, the one who follows her kid all around the gym to try not to miss one single flip or balance beam act and claps after every "Tada." Coach Ruth sings your praises and tells me every week how advanced you are for your age. I just need you to remember our pact...when you become an Olympic medalists and they ask you to be on 'Dancing With The Stars' you are supposed to respond, "Not me, let my mom take my spot." I will be flattered, but gladly accept the offer ðŸ˜‰. I'm so glad that we shook on it so it's pretty much a done deal!
I love how excited you get to build and invite people into your 'hunt' (tent/hut) in the playroom, how silly you get when it's time to put your 'jammies' on for bed, but my ALL TIME FAVORITE is when you say, "I want to hold you."
I don't correct you because in my mind that's what makes you my baby. I wish that I could hold you every time you ask because one day, and I know that day is getting closer and closer, you won't ask to hold me anymore.
I love your sweet kisses and when you hug my neck and say, "I love you mommy!" I love how you get super defensive if someone tries to say that I'm their mommy and your response, with burrowed eyebrows, "No, that's my mommy!"
I love how tough you are! 3 staples in the back of the head, no problem for you! You still did everything just like normal and didn't even cry when they took them out!
I love your curls! One day you might hate them, just like I did and sometimes still do, but they sure are precious!
I love how you love your brudder! He's your Buddy, your sidekick, and I love seeing y'all play together! I love to hear giggles and belly laughs coming from the playroom while I'm cooking dinner.
I love your athleticism! It amazes me that a kid so small can do the things you do. You can climb just about anything and jump from some of the tallest places. I pray that fearlessness leaks into other aspects of your life! And if it does, girl, you will FLY!!!
I love you for YOU!! You can sometimes be a rascal, but I sure do love that I get to be your mommy and call you my favorite girl!!
Happy Birthday sweet Wren! Have a piece of BLUE cake today to celebrate!!
Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

No comments: