Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Thayer's 5 months old!

The 5 month sticker ripped when I was trying to get it off the paper. I'm using the same stickers I had for Wren and I think I put some of them on the wrong side of the paper...WHOOPS!

Happy 5 months to our sweet little buddy!!  He’s still such a happy baby!  He smiles and laughs all the time!  He likes to be held up a little with his arms on either side of your face and when you shake your head and talk to him he just giggles and giggles. If Wren is anywhere close to him he is going to break his neck to see what she is doing. If she is ever upset and I can’t tend to her right away I’ll ask her to talk to brother and that brightens both of their spirits. They really do love each other. Last night she was pretending like his fingers were a cookie and she would gnaw on them and then say, “MMMmmm MMMmm that’s a good cookie!” He laughed and laughed!

Cloth diapering is going a little better.  We still go back and forth and I don’t let him sleep in them because I’m just too nervous he is going to leak through, but Delores uses them throughout the week and he seems to do fine with them. I recently read in my cloth diapering group that the brand that I mostly have need to be washed in cold water so once I changed that little thing it seems they are doing a lot better!  He will be eating real food soon so we will see if we keep it up…

Pumping and nursing is still going great!! I’ve moved up to storing 8 ounce bags now and he eats 3-4 bottles a day, while I am bringing home at least 5 bags. I’m not great about keeping up with how much I have saved verses how much he is eating to figure out how much extra I have, but I have to store the majority of my milk in my aunt and uncle’s deep freezer.  Sunday, I actually donated milk to a mommy I know from a group on Facebook.  That was the first time to donate from Thayer’s milk. Donating this early can be tricky because if something were to happen I want to be sure I can get little buddy to at least 1, but this mommy just needed a little milk to take care of her baby’s morning and night bottles while she is out of town, so she didn’t take a big chunk out of my stash and I’m always happy to help when I can.  This is something God has blessed me with and I know that he will provide.

Just like I suspected, a short sleep regression got to us this month. It wasn’t consistently every night, but the timing of him waking up was pretty consistent at around 3 or 3:30 am.  Some nights I could simply change his diaper and lay him back down, but he became kind of playful, so nursing him got him back to sleep quicker. He did end up in our bed a couple of times, but he’s pretty quick to get back to sleep so I try not to do that too much. He has also started waking up earlier in the morning.  He isn’t necessarily hungry when he wakes up, but wants to play. So I can put him in the playroom on his play mat and he will play and play while I go back to bed for a few minutes. This is usually on Saturdays and Sundays that he does this.  Every once in a while he will wake up in the 5 o’clock hour on a weekday, but it’s very rare. Once he starts getting fussy I feed him and lay him back down and he will sleep for another couple of hours. But by that time Wren is usually awake so no more sleep for mommy, unless Super Dad is willing to get up, which he usually is J.

Things are already busy being a working mom with a toddler and an infant and then I added in gymnastics for Wren one day a week. But I still didn’t think that was enough…I HAD to get back out on the softball field! I didn’t want to have to be in charge of putting a team together, but thankfully, a girl I played with in a women’s league last year contacted me to play coed.  Last night was our first game and I have to say to be 5 months off the delivery table…I still got it J. I was a little slower than I like.  A little heavier on my feet, but I was able to hit and field just like there was no lapse in time.  It made me feel good! We will be playing a double header every Tuesday night until the end of September, which means that Super Dad has to take care of gymnastics. Man I love that man because he hardly ever complains when I need him to do things that I’ve committed to!

First time to watch momma play ball

He is officially rolling over and rolling over both ways; front to back and back to front. I will lay him down on his play mat and then when I go back in there he has rolled up against the coffee table.  He usually only rolls to the right so once he rolls all the way to the right he gets frustrated because he’s stuck.  I just move him back and he starts over. He has also started scooting on his tummy. I think we might have a crawler pretty soon!
Gary and I went on a long weekend trip this past weekend to Holland, Michigan.  Gary did some consulting with a ministry up there and we decided to make a mini vacation out of it. We left the kids with our parents and hit the road.  I feel like they grew up so much for those 3 days we were gone, but it was so nice to come home and cuddle them.  I wish I would have videoed Wren running out the door yelling, "My mommy! My mommy! My mommy!" It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard! I love getting to spend alone time with Gary and coming home to those sweet babies just makes it that much better!

I'll leave you with a couple of videos of Wren and me talking for little buddy!  

Obviously, little man is talking a lot more too.  I didn't realize how loud he is until I watched this :).

No comments: