Thursday, February 6, 2014

8 Months

Well, Hello there!  I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted.  We have been super busy!!

I got a new position at work as a full time trainer and that has kept me moving all day long.  It's new and exciting and I've really been enjoying it!

Things we've done since I last blogged:

Celebrated New Years!!!!

I turned 29

 Wren turned 8 months

She started standing on her own (see video here) the night we took the above picture!  It is one of my most favorite videos!!!

Things she can do/loves:
Stand by herself - she has great balance and can stand for a while now.  I imagine she will begin walking very soon.
Waving - She now has this down and loves to do it!  When she first started waving she wanted you to come and grab her hand while you were waving back.  
Teething - She now has her 2 front bottom teeth.
Can you see them??

Eating - She's starting to find things that she likes/dislikes.  Last night we were eating fish, black eyed peas and mac and cheese.  Obviously she gobbled the mac and cheese up.  She would put the peas in her mouth, but then spit them out.  She's still tasting things though, so that's great and all we can ask for at this point :).
Laughing - still does this ALL THE TIME!!!  She gets sooooo much attention wherever we go.  Here she is after she woke up from her nap while we were in Lowe's.  Everyone wanted to talk to her because she's just so darn cute!  But, I'm a little biased ;).

Playing - She likes to be on the move when she's playing.  I can put her in her jumparoo for a little while, but she is tired of it pretty quickly.  She got a fun ball toy at Christmas (from her Bebe) and has really been enjoying that because it sits in the floor and she crawl around while she plays.
Changing - she doesn't like to get her diaper or clothes changed at all!!!  She flips and flops and I usually have to sing  Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah because she loves that song!!  Her light switch is above her changing pad and she's figured out how to turn the light off, with a little help from mommy and daddy, and she loves to do it!!!  I usually let her turn the light off when we leave the room and she jumps with joy!
Sleeping - We are doing a lot better with sleeping this month!  We still have our one-off nights, of course, but for the most part she sleeps through the night in her own bed.

This weekend we are getting her 9 month pictures and we can't wait!!!!  These are probably going to be some of my favorite because she so stinkin' interactive these days.  

Hope you all have had a great new year so far and hopefully I won't go an entire month without posting again!

Kimberly




No comments: