Thursday, October 22, 2015

What?! Thayer is 7 months old?!

“Da da da da” is what we hear all the time now. He talks to Dada, talks about Dada and sometimes yells at Dada. BUT the other day I had to meet Gary when his car broke down and Thayer was done being in the car and actually said, “Ma ma ma ma” when he saw me. I was so excited! I didn’t want to get him out of his car seat because I wanted to hear him say it over and over again!! :-)


His new trick is shaking his head no. He does it all the time and grins soooo big. Wren loves to shake hers too and she just giggles and giggles when he copies her.

She has started taking toys away from him when he grabs things she doesn’t want him to play with. She will usually replace it with a toy she approves, but not always. He doesn’t seem to mind. He just grins at her and takes the new toy. I guess we will have our hands full whenever he starts getting upset about her trading toys. It’s not that she wants to play with them, she just doesn’t want him playing with them.

Still NO TEETH! He spits (like zerberts) all the time, makes a smacking noise with his mouth while he rubs his gums together, and will chew on anything EXCEPT the toys and food that I want him to chew on. He likes your finger, or her finger, or his finger. Really anybody’s finger who will let him put it in his mouth…gross!!

He nuzzles all the time! I don’t remember Wren doing this a lot, but this kid rubs his face everywhere! It’s the worst when he’s just sneezed and has snot running down his face and before you can wipe him, he’s rubbing his face all in your hair and on your shoulder. It’s glorious!

He had his first ear infection this month! It was pretty bad and cost us a few nights of sleep. Thankfully, we had been to the doctor for his check-up and she noticed it getting red. She went ahead and wrote a prescription, but said not to use it unless he started acting like it was bothering him. He went a week and half acting fine and then he became fussy and stopped sleeping good at night. At first I thought it was just his teeth bothering him, but my aunt checked out the ear and sure enough it was very infected. A few days of the pink bubble gum stuff and he was good to go!

We have started going to the chiropractor and he would definitely say absolutely no antibiotics, but we do what we feel is best for our kiddos and hopefully we are making the right decisions.

I pretty much took a hiatus on the cloth diapers while we were having issues with the ear infection and sleeping. Hopefully I’ll jump back into them soon. Diapers are sooooooo expensive!!!

He went to Bible class for the first time on Wednesday, September 23rd and mother of the year here forgot to take her phone to take pictures, but Karen saved the day and snapped a few for me!  Thanks Karen!
What a big boy!

Hanging out with Kinley!


Then Charlie came too!


He’s upgraded from falling asleep on his play mat to falling asleep in his exersaucer. He will bounce and bounce and once he starts getting sleeping, his head just sinks down to sleepy town. He fell asleep in it last night too. He’s done it a good hand full of times at this point.



We had his 6 month check-up and he is 19 pounds, 14 ounces, and 23 inches long. This picture was taken P-E-I (pre-ear infection) so he’s still got the cloth going on.



We had our 6 month pictures with Shonta and there was a family of deer hanging around for a while. I’m anxious to see if she got any of the deer in our pictures because that would be pretty awesome!!  Here’s some of these cute kids though, who are also pretty awesome!




Thayer rode in the front of the shopping cart for the first time and what I love about Aldi is that Wren can ride right beside him. Oh and the batman shirts made another appearance on the blog J.




Easton had his 3rd birthday party at his Nana and Boo Boo’s barn. He had horse rides and there was even a chicken hanging around. Wren still talks about that chicken. Anyway, Thayer got to ride his first horse and it was also Wren’s first horse ride too, I do believe.



While we're here we might as well talk about the first born too. Man, is she precious!!  She will just be sitting next to me on the couch and lean over and squeeze my arm and say, "I lub you mommy!" and kiss my arm. It melts my heart! But seconds later she will get upset about something and her Wolverine claws will come out. Girl has the fastest growing nails and she will scratch you up! Easton came for a visit a few weeks ago and went home looking like he was in a cat fat from all the scratches on his face. She's relentless with those nails. She must get it from her Aunt Shells because I'm pretty sure I still have scars from her scratches and pinches ;). 

Anyway, back to Thayer...

Yep, I jinxed myself last month when I said he was the easiest baby to lay down because he’s grown out of that a little. I now have to make sure he’s good and asleep before I lay him down or he pops that head right back up and starts fussing. It could still be that his ear is bothering him, but either way a little extra rocking and snuggles at night and he’s good to go. 

Overall, he's still a pretty happy laid back baby! We have been blessed with some great babies, not there's really such a thing as a bad baby, but some are a bit more challenging than others. 


Maybe next month we will have a crawler with some teeth!  So stay tuned for the next edition of "Thayer's another month older!"







1 comment:

Rachel said...

Jared says the later the teeth, the better! Thanks for sharing your sweet Thayer! Love and miss you!