Friday, November 5, 2010

Thursday Oct. 21 - Krishna District, Hanuman Junction

This was the farthest place we went.  It took us about 3 hours to get there, but it was so worth it!!!


Another sign!!

Gary did the first session to all men and women.

Before we had lunch.  Once again I was a little scared to teach.  Gary helping me make sure I had enough material because I was told I had to talk for like an hour.

Us with the Swarup family!!!
being honored
I'm sad this one is fuzzy.  I loved those flowers!!
Usually we would eat seperatly from everyone else, I'm not really sure why, but they wanted us to join them to eat.  I don't have a picture of it but there are 2 LONG tables just full of people and the people serving were walking down the middle.  Gary and I helped serve before we sat down to eat.  It was really good food!

Jyosthna was my translator the day before as well and I think she did a great job.  I don't know that for a fact because I can't understand what she is saying, but we got great feedback so I know that she is explaining it to them very well.  I loved this class because they were all sitting so close to us and I felt like I was just talking to some friends.

All the girls!!

Here we are saying a prayer for the girl across from me with her hands over her face.  She told us that she was planning on killing herself the day before, but there was no good time.  When she woke up this morning she still felt like she wanted to die, but somehow she came to church and after hearing SFT she has changed her mind.  We talked about lonliness and I think that's what made her realize that she is not alone and that God is always there for her.  Before we started this prayer she was balling crying.  Jyosthna was translating for us and I just hated her standing there crying so I pulled her in for a hug and she just cryed and cryed on my shoulder.  I was scared to leave her, but after the prayer Jyosthna got her laughing.  Jyosthna has since talked to her on the phone and she is doing really well.  God is awesome!!

The big group from that day!!


And of course I had to hold a baby before we left!

Story continued... That night when we got home we were all downstairs and I noticed that Sirisha wasn't around.  A little while later she got back with my torn pants in hand.  She had taken them down the road to the lady who made my saree blouse and got the hole fixed!!!  Well, then I lifted up the dress I had on that day and there was another hole!!!  HAHA!!!  Now remember Wednesday was the first day I had taught a class and don't worry I had my "holy" pants on.  Thursday I also taught and once again "holy" pants!!  So, then we all (we all as in Jyosthna, Sirisha, and me) decided from now on when I teach I must wear my "holy" pants.  Even if the pants are new I have to make a hole in them!  HA!!  Well, that pact was broken on Friday.  I mean seriously who does that??  HAHA!!  It gaves us a good laugh for a really long time!!  I love those girls!!



No comments: